About Hackney Playbus
Hackney Playbus was founded in 1978 by a group of parents who were concerned about the lack of play opportunities for children in Hackney. The playbus was originally a converted double-decker bus that was used to take children to different parks and play areas in the borough.
Over the years, Hackney Playbus has grown and developed. They now have a fleet of three playbuses and they offer a range of services, including:
- Play sessions: Hackney Playbus runs a variety of play sessions for children under five. These sessions are held in different locations in Hackney and they are free to attend.
- Family support: Hackney Playbus also offers a range of family support services. These services include parenting workshops, advice and information, and support groups.
- Outreach work: Hackney Playbus also works with schools, community groups, and other organizations to deliver play and family support services.
Hackney Playbus's Story
Hackney Playbus has been providing play and family support services to the people of Hackney for over 40 years. The playbus has been a lifeline for many families, providing a safe and fun space for children to play and learn.
Hackney Playbus is a registered charity and it is funded by a combination of grants, donations, and fees for some of its services. The playbus relies on the support of volunteers to keep it running.
Hackney Playbus's Events
Hackney Playbus hosts a number of events throughout the year, including:
- Summer Playday: The Summer Playday is a free event that is held every summer. The event features a range of activities for children, including arts and crafts, games, and music.
- Christmas Fayre: The Christmas Fayre is a free event that is held every December. The event features a range of stalls selling gifts and food, as well as a performance from Father Christmas.
How to get involved
There are many ways to get involved with Hackney Playbus. You can:
- Volunteer: Hackney Playbus relies on the support of volunteers to keep it running. If you are interested in volunteering, you can contact the playbus on their website.
- Donate: Hackney Playbus is a registered charity and it is funded by a combination of grants, donations, and fees for some of its services. If you would like to donate to Hackney Playbus, you can do so on their website.
- Attend an event: Hackney Playbus hosts a number of events throughout the year. You can find a list of upcoming events on their website.