The Homeless Garden Project is a non-profit organization based in Santa Cruz, California. The project was founded in 1992 by a group of concerned citizens who wanted to provide a safe and supportive environment for people experiencing homelessness. The project has since grown to become one of the largest and most successful homeless service providers in Santa Cruz County.
The Homeless Garden Project offers a variety of services to people experiencing homelessness, including:
- Housing: The project provides permanent supportive housing for up to 120 people. Permanent supportive housing is a type of housing that provides long-term rental assistance and support services to people who have experienced homelessness.
- Job training: The project offers job training programs in a variety of fields, including gardening, landscaping, and food service. Job training programs help people develop the skills they need to get and keep a job.
- Support services: The project provides a variety of support services to people experiencing homelessness, including case management, mental health counseling, and addiction treatment. Support services help people address the challenges they face and make progress towards achieving their goals.
The Homeless Garden Project also operates a farm and a retail store. The farm provides fresh produce to people experiencing homelessness and to the community at large. The retail store sells produce from the farm, as well as other products made by people experiencing homelessness.
The Homeless Garden Project is a vital resource for people experiencing homelessness in Santa Cruz County. The project provides a safe and supportive environment, job training, support services, and fresh produce. The project is making a difference in the lives of people experiencing homelessness and helping to build a stronger community.
Here are some photos of the Homeless Garden Project:
Story of the Homeless Garden Project:
The Homeless Garden Project was founded in 1992 by a group of concerned citizens. The project started with a small garden on the grounds of a local church. The garden provided fresh produce to people experiencing homelessness and to the community at large.
Over the years, the Homeless Garden Project has grown to become one of the largest and most successful homeless service providers in Santa Cruz County. The project now operates a farm, a retail store, and a variety of programs and services that help people experiencing homelessness get back on their feet.
The Homeless Garden Project is a model for how to effectively address homelessness. The project has been recognized for its innovative approach to providing services and its commitment to helping people experiencing homelessness achieve their goals.
Here are some of the products that are sold at the Homeless Garden Project retail store:
- Fresh produce from the farm
- Produce-based products, such as jams, jellies, and salsas
- Handcrafted items made by people experiencing homelessness, such as jewelry, pottery, and artwork
The Homeless Garden Project is a great place to buy fresh, local produce and to support a good cause. The project is also a great place to learn more about homelessness and to get involved in the fight to end homelessness.