Justice in Fashion is a non-profit organization that works to improve the lives of garment workers and their communities by identifying and addressing imbalances of wealth, power, and risk across the garment industry supply chain.
The organization was founded in 2013 by a group of lawyers, academics, supply chain experts, gender rights specialists, researchers and social entrepreneurs who were concerned about the working conditions and human rights abuses in the garment industry.
Justice in Fashion works to achieve its mission through a variety of activities, including:
- Research and advocacy: The organization conducts research on the garment industry and its impact on workers and communities. It also advocates for changes to the law and policy that will improve the lives of garment workers.
- Capacity building: Justice in Fashion provides training and support to garment workers and their communities so that they can advocate for their own rights and improve their working conditions.
- Public awareness: The organization raises awareness about the problems in the garment industry and the need for change. It does this through a variety of channels, including its website, social media, and events.
Justice in Fashion is committed to working with all stakeholders in the garment industry, including brands, retailers, suppliers, workers, and governments, to create a more just and sustainable fashion industry.
Here are some of the ways you can help Justice in Fashion:
- Donate money
- Volunteer your time
- Spread the word about Justice in Fashion's work
- Write to your elected officials and ask them to support Justice in Fashion's work
Every little bit helps. Together, we can make a difference.
Here are some of the organization's achievements:
- In 2017, Justice in Fashion helped to secure a landmark agreement with Primark that will improve the working conditions of garment workers in Bangladesh.
- In 2018, Justice in Fashion launched the Fashion Transparency Index, a tool that helps consumers to assess the transparency of fashion brands.
- In 2019, Justice in Fashion helped to secure a commitment from the UK government to introduce a living wage for garment workers in the UK.
Justice in Fashion is one of the leading voices in the fight for justice in fashion. The organization is working to make the fashion industry more sustainable, ethical, and just for all.