Kids in the Spotlight
Kids in the Spotlight (KITS) was founded in 2009 by Tige Charity, a former foster youth who wanted to create a platform for foster care youth to tell their stories. Kids in the Spotlight is a unique and highly specialized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides a platform for foster care youth to tell their stories through film.
Products and Services
Kids in the Spotlight offers a range of products and services, including:
- Script-to-Screen program: KITS' Script-to-Screen program is a 15-week program that teaches foster care youth to write, cast, and star in their own short films. The program is led by industry professionals and provides youth with the skills and experience they need to pursue a career in film.
- Film Festival: KITS hosts an annual film festival that showcases the films created by youth in the Script-to-Screen program. The film festival is a great opportunity for youth to share their stories with the world and to receive feedback from industry professionals.
- Educational workshops: KITS offers a variety of educational workshops on topics such as film production, screenwriting, and acting. The workshops are designed to help youth develop their skills and knowledge in the film industry.
KITS has had a significant impact on the lives of the youth it has worked with. The organization has helped youth to develop their skills and confidence, and to build successful careers in the film industry. KITS has also helped to raise awareness of the challenges faced by foster care youth and to promote positive change in the foster care system.
How to Get Involved
There are many ways to get involved with KITS. You can:
- Volunteer: KITS is always looking for volunteers to help with its work. Volunteers can help with a variety of tasks, such as mentoring youth, helping with film production, and fundraising.
- Donate: Donations help KITS to continue its work. Donations can be made online or by mail.
- Spread the word: You can help KITS to reach more youth by spreading the word about the organization. You can share KITS' website, social media pages, and videos with your friends and family.
Every little bit helps. By getting involved, you can help KITS make a difference in the lives of foster care youth.
Kids in the Spotlight is a unique and innovative organization that is making a real difference in the lives of foster care youth. The organization is committed to providing youth with the skills and opportunities they need to succeed in life. KITS is a great example of how a nonprofit organization can be used to make a positive impact on the world.