The Landworkers’ Alliance is a grassroots union of farmers, growers and land-based workers with a mission to improve the livelihoods of our members and create a better food system for everyone.
We work for a future where farmers are able to work with dignity and earn a decent living, and people can access healthy, affordable food from local producers.
The Landworkers' Alliance (LWA) is a UK-wide union of farmers, foresters and land-based workers. The LWA was founded in 1985 and has over 3,000 members.
The LWA's mission is to improve the livelihoods of its members and to create a better food and land-use system for everyone. The LWA works to achieve this mission through a variety of activities, including:
- Advocacy: The LWA campaigns for policies that support small-scale, sustainable agriculture. The LWA also lobbies government on issues that affect its members, such as access to land, markets and finance.
- Education: The LWA provides training and education to its members on a range of topics, such as business management, marketing and production. The LWA also runs a number of events and conferences to share information and ideas.
- Support: The LWA provides support to its members in a variety of ways, such as through legal advice, financial assistance and social events. The LWA also has a network of local groups that provide support and advice to members in their area.
The LWA is a valuable resource for anyone who is involved in food and land-based work. The LWA's work is making a real difference in the lives of its members and in the food system as a whole.
Here are some of the ways that you can get involved with the LWA:
- Join: The LWA is open to anyone who is involved in food and land-based work. You can join online or by contacting the LWA office.
- Volunteer: The LWA is always looking for volunteers to help with a variety of projects. You can find out more about volunteering opportunities on the LWA website.
- Donate: Donations to the LWA help to fund the organization's work. You can donate online or by sending a cheque to the LWA, PO Box 116, Lewes, East Sussex BN7 2YH.
Thank you for your interest in the Landworkers' Alliance. Together, we can create a better food and land-use system for everyone.