Pensthorpe Natural Park is a 700-acre nature reserve and visitor attraction located in Fakenham, Norfolk, England. The park was founded in 1983 by Christopher and Annette Hurst and is home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, mammals, reptiles, and amphibians.
Pensthorpe Natural Park is divided into four main areas: the Wetland, the Woodland, the Millennium Garden, and the WildRootz Children's Play Area. The Wetland is home to a variety of birds, including ducks, geese, swans, and waders.
The Woodland is home to a variety of mammals, including red squirrels, deer, and badgers. The Millennium Garden is a beautiful garden that is home to a variety of plants and flowers. The WildRootz Children's Play Area is a fun and interactive play area that is perfect for children of all ages.
Encompassing 200 acres of woodland walks, nature trails, four stunning gardens and one of the largest Wildflower Meadows in Norfolk, there is something for everyone at Pensthorpe Natural Park. Even if you haven't got time to explore the wonders of the Natural Park, the Gift Shop is brimming full of unique gifts and homewares and the Courtyard Cafe serves delicious home-cooked food and daily specials. Enjoy ample free parking and free admission to the Shop and Cafe.
Pensthorpe Natural Park offers a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy, including guided walks, talks, and events.
Here are some of the things you can do at Pensthorpe Natural Park:
- Go on a guided walk: Pensthorpe Natural Park offers a variety of guided walks led by expert guides. These walks are a great way to learn about the park's wildlife and habitats.
- Attend a talk: Pensthorpe Natural Park hosts a variety of talks throughout the year. These talks are a great way to learn about a variety of topics related to nature and conservation.
- Take part in an event: Pensthorpe Natural Park hosts a variety of events throughout the year. These events are a great way to have fun and learn about nature.
- Visit the café: Pensthorpe Natural Park has a café that serves a variety of food and drinks. The café is a great place to relax and enjoy the view.
- Visit the gift shop: Pensthorpe Natural Park has a gift shop that sells a variety of souvenirs and gifts. The gift shop is a great place to pick up a memento of your visit.
Pensthorpe Natural Park is a great place to learn about nature and to enjoy the outdoors. It is a perfect place to visit for a family day out or a romantic getaway.