Women Matter Canada is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to advancing the rights and opportunities of women in Canada. The organization was founded in 2001 by a group of women who were concerned about the lack of progress that had been made in terms of sex equality in Canada.
Women Matter Canada works to achieve its goals through a variety of initiatives, including:
- Advocacy: The organization works to influence public policy and to raise awareness of issues that affect women.
- Education: The organization provides educational resources and programs to help women achieve their full potential.
- Networking: The organization provides opportunities for women to connect with each other and to build relationships.
- Research: The organization conducts research on issues that affect women and shares its findings with the public.
Women Matter Canada is a valuable resource for women in Canada. The organization provides support and opportunities for women to achieve their full potential.
Here are some additional details about Women Matter Canada:
- Based in Ottawa, Ontario.
- Has a national reach.
- Funded by a variety of sources, including individual donations, corporate sponsorships, and government grants.
- Has a board of directors that is made up of women from across Canada.
- The organization has a staff of professionals who are dedicated to advancing the rights and opportunities of women in Canada.
If you are a woman in Canada, then you should definitely consider getting involved with Women Matter Canada. The organization is a valuable resource for women who are looking to achieve their full potential.
Here are some of the organization's accomplishments:
- Played a key role in the passage of several pieces of legislation that have benefited women, including the Pay Equity Act and the Violence Against Women Act.
- Helped to raise awareness of issues that affect women, such as violence against women, poverty, and discrimination.
- Provided educational resources and programs to help women achieve their full potential.
- Created a network of women who are working together to advance the rights and opportunities of women in Canada.